In the world of SEO (search engine optimization), there is also a negative campaign or negative SEO. The goal is to drop the ranking or position of competitors’ websites on google search engines. Of course, SEO negatives is very detrimental to business websites, because it can damage the reputation of a website in the eyes google.
What is Negative SEO?
Someone who does Negative SEO for your website’s ranking vandalism on search engines. Usually negative SEO uses SEO techniques that are prohibited by google webmaster rules, unusual techniques called black hat techniques. SEO negative attacks can be in various forms, such as:
- Hacking your website (hacking)
- Creating hundreds to thousands of spam links to your site
- Copy your content, then publish the content in various places so that duplicate content occurs
- Build many links from non-qualified sites using anchor text such as viagra, p0ker, and keywords that are not family safe.
- Create a fake social media account and damage your website reputation through the account
- Unlink the best links your website has
How to Deal with Negative SEO?
If you realize that someone started doing negative SEO on your business website then you should do the following:
- Create list backlinks you want to delete. Monitor the growth of the number of backlinks to your website regularly. Mark all links to your site, this information can be obtained through google webmaster tools or with the help of tools mentioned above. Check your source links, whether those links could damage your website reputation in the future? If yes, then you should be prepared to remove it.
- Removing backlinks. After creating a list of source websites backlinks that want to be removed, the next step is to contact the webmaster or admin website. If the website does not create a contact page, then we can contact the webmaster by tracking the owner using who.is website to find the email address or phone number.
- Create list disavow links. If you get an email about the penalty manual, the only step you can take is to use the google disavow tool. The method on points 1 and 2 may not work, then to remove these bad links we can create a list of disavowing which then we can submit to google webmaster tools.